City Council Action Letter Thursday, April 24, 2014
CITY COUNCIL ACTION LETTER
CITY OF LEE’S SUMMIT
REGULAR SESSION NO. 46
Thursday, April 24, 2014
City Council Chambers
220 SE Green Street
Lee’s Summit, Missouri
5:45 P.M. CLOSED SESSION: On motion of Councilmember Whitley, second by Councilmember Hofmann, the Council voted unanimously to hold a closed session pursuant to Section 610.021 (9), Section 610.021 (1) and Section 610.021(3) of the Revised Statutes of the State of Missouri.
6:15 P.M. Mayor Rhoads called Regular Session No. 46 to order.
Invocation – Mayor Rhoads
Roll Call –
Councilmember Rob Binney Present Councilmember Kathy Hofmann Present
Councilmember Dave Mosby Present Mayor Pro-Tem Allan Gray Present
Councilmember Derek Holland Present Councilmember Ed Cockrell Present
Councilmember Brian Whitley Present Councilmember Bob Johnson Present
City Manager Steve Arbo and Deputy City Attorney John Mautino were also present.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: On motion of Councilmember Whitley, second by Mayor Pro Tem Gray, the Council voted unanimously to approve the published amended agenda.
1. PUBLIC COMMENTS: There were no Public Comments.
2. COUNCIL COMMENTS: There were no Council Comments.
3. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA:
COUNCIL ACTION: On motion of Councilmember Whitley, second by Mayor Pro Tem Gray, the Council voted unanimously to approve the Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Approval of Action Letter from April 3, 2014.
B. FINANCE COMMITTEE:
NOTE: These items were considered by the Finance Committee on April 15, 2014.
1) Award of Renewal Yearly Contract #2013-011/1R to Hunt Martin Materials, LLC to provide rock materials for multiple City departments (Parks, Water Ops, PW Ops, Solid Waste and Airport).
2) Award of RFP 2014-077 for a one year contract with four additional one year renewal options for Independent Auditing Services to RubinBrown LLC in the amount of $74,795 for the Finance Department.
3) Approval of Summit Fair Community Improvement District Annual Budget for the Year Ending June 30, 2015.
C. PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE:
NOTE: These items were considered by the Public Works Committee on April 15, 2014.
1) Award of Bid #44029-C(2) for the Second Street Corridor Improvement Project to Freeman Concrete Construction, LLC, in the amount of $555,721.10.
2) Approval of a Final Agreement between the City of Lee's Summit and Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. for design-build services for NE Orchard Street- NE Douglas to NE Independence, for a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) of $3,154,136.50.
3) Approval of Change Order 2 to the contract with Beemer Construction Company, Inc., for the NE Country Lane Stormwater Improvement Project, Bid No. 79801-10C, an increase of $95,611.98 for a revised contract price of $1,073,933.43 and an increase of 20 calendar days for a total of 162 calendar days to reach substantial completion.
4. PROPOSED ORDINANCES:
The following proposed ordinances, submitted as bills, are often passed with little or no discussion. All items were previously discussed by the Council or Council Committee. This is a formal reading of proposed ordinances, as required by the City Charter.
A. BILL NO. 14-45 AN ORDINANCE DECLARING THE RESULTS OF THE APRIL 8, 2014, GENERAL ELECTION FOR MUNICIPAL OFFICERS FOR THE CITY OF LEE'S SUMMIT, MISSOURI.
COUNCIL ACTION: On motion of Mayor Pro Tem Gray, second by Councilmember Whitley, the Council voted unanimously to approve and numbered ORDINANCE NO. 7449.
B. AMENDED BILL NO. 14-46 AN ORDINANCE DECLARING THE RESULTS OF THE APRIL 8, 2014, GENERAL ELECTION ON A GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND QUESTION IN THE CITY OF LEE'S SUMMIT, MISSOURI.
COUNCIL ACTION: On motion of Councilmember Holland, second by Councilmember Mosby, the Council voted unanimously to approve and numbered ORDINANCE NO. 7450.
5. PROPOSED RESOLUTIONS:
A. RES. NO. 14-03 A RESOLUTION AMENDING RES. NO. 01-21 BY ESTABLISHING A CITY BANK ACCOUNT FOR MUNICIPAL COURT AND DESIGNATING AUTHORIZED SIGNATURES.
COUNCIL ACTION: On motion of Councilmember Binney, second by Councilmember Cockrell, the Council voted unanimously to approve RESOLUTION NO. 14-03.
A. Building Safety Month
COUNCIL ACTION: No Council Action Required.
A. City Manager's 2013 Annual Report
COUNCIL ACTION: No Council Action Required.
B. Recognition of outgoing elected councilmembers.
COUNCIL ACTION: Councilmembers Whitley, Hofmann and Cockrell were recognized by the Mayor and Police Department for their dedicated service to Lee’s Summit during their time on Council.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS (Committee chairs report on matters held in Committee):
Councilmember Johnson advised there will be a Budget Committee meeting on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 6:00 in Council Chambers.
9. COUNCIL ROUNDTABLE:
Mayor Rhoads and Mayor Pro Tem Gray stated their appreciation to the current City Council for all their efforts and years of service and dedication to the City of Lee’s Summit.
10. STAFF ROUNDTABLE: There was no Staff Roundtable.
ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, Mayor Rhoads ADJOURNED the April 24, 2014, Regular City Council meeting at 7:10 p.m. Sine Die.
Ms. Chisum swore in Municipal Judge Dana Altieri and the newly elected members of the Lee’s Summit City Council; Mayor Randall L. Rhoads, Councilmember Dave Mosby, Councilmember Diane Forte, Councilmember Trish Carlyle and Councilmember Diane Seif, and welcomed them to the City Council.
Deputy City Clerk