On Friday, July 20, 2012, at 7:10 a.m., the Lee’s Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 119 SW Lakeview Blvd. The homeowner called 911 and reported smoke coming from the basement.
When the fire department arrived, smoke was coming from the basement windows of a one-story, single family home. All of the occupants were outside.
Firefighters entered the smoke filled basement and quickly extinguished a fire burning in the area of the bathroom. The fire was under control by 7:28 a.m.
The fire was determined to have originated in a ceiling exhaust fan in the bathroom. The fire caused substantial damage to the basement bathroom with smoke damage throughout the remainder of the house.