Hillcrest Transitional Housing is seeking a full-time Store Manager for its Leeís Summit Thrift Store location. The current manager is moving out of state and they need a fabulous candidate to replace him.
The Hillcrest Thrift Store Manager is responsible for managing all operations of the Hillcrest Thrift Store in Leeís Summit, MO. The thrift store manager will report directly to the Affiliate Director.
Job responsibilities include:
1. Recruit volunteers to effectively operate the store on a continual basis. Supervise the training and development of store staff (paid & volunteer).
2. Oversee the supervising and training of all staff (paid & volunteer) for maximum efficiency in operating the store on a daily basis.
3. Delegate and supervise delegated managerial and administrative responsibilities to qualified volunteers.
4. Maximize time spent in the community developing partnerships for resources, recruiting additional volunteers, and allocating surplus donations to other agencies.
5. Ensure that the store staff (paid and volunteer) has a clear understanding of the Hillcrest mission and, through exposure to the housing program and residents, how the Thrift Shop supports that mission.
6. Ensure accurate records are kept of donor, volunteer, and client transactions.
7. Develop, supervise, and maintain the vehicle fleet for the timely delivery/pick-up of donations and purchases.
8. Meeting the annual Thrift Shop budget as developed with the Affiliate Director and approved by the Board of Directors.
9. Monitor and report daily receipts with 100% accuracy, and manage petty cash accounts with clear written records, guidelines for use, and reporting to affiliate Director.
10. Make recommendations to the Affiliate Director for efficient operation and business growth of the thrift shop.
11. Ensure a strong relationship with housing staff and the smooth coordination of needed housing and clothing items for program residents and graduates throughout the Hillcrest system.
12. Develop and implement a strong internal and external mission-focused marketing plan that spreads awareness of the Hillcrest program and trains volunteers on how to share program details.
13. Ensures that customers encounter a shopping experience that is clean, has great value, and is friendly.
14. Provide regular written reports to the Affiliate Director and the Board of Directors.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Affiliate Director and/or the Executive Director.
Job candidates must possess the following key qualities:
1. Display strong people and leadership skills with ability to delegate appropriately to paid and volunteer staff.
2. Ability to work with people of all skill levels, backgrounds, and experiences.
3. Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
4. Professional, flexible, hard-working attitude with ability to work in a team environment.
5. Display a strong commitment to the Hillcrest mission and able to communicate that mission to staff, potential volunteers, and community leaders.
6. Must be able to lift & carry more than 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
7. Must be able & willing to work nights & weekends, to meet the needs of all staff & volunteers.
To be considered for the position of Thrift Store Manager, applicants should submit the following to the attention of Mr. Cotton Sivils, Director, Hillcrest of Eastern Jackson County, at SIVILSC@HILLCRESKC.ORG, with the subject line: Thrift Store Manager Resume. No faxes or phone call please.
Submit a cover letter, resume with salary history and salary requirements, and three business references with contact information.
The deadline on this job opening is until the position is filled.
Hillcrest offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% employer paid health, dental, & life insurance, a monthly stipend toward family health insurance (elective), 403B plan with match after one year of full-time employment, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid vacation at six months of employment, three paid personal days, and mileage reimbursement for work related travel.
For more information on Hillcrest Transitional Housing and the Leeís Summit Thrift Store visit their web site at www.hillcrestkc.org.