| || || |
Welcome to the new home of Lee's Summit Tribune. We are dedicated to providing you the most current and accurate news and events in Lee's Summit
Important Snow Removal Information For...
Important Snow Removal Information For Lee's Summit
February 25, 2013
The City’s goal is to provide safe travel along our streets for residents. With another significant snowfall expected for our area tonight on top of last week’s snowfall, the City’s snow removal crews would like to remind residents that it is unavoidable to plow snow near and across the entrance of driveways.
Residents are asked to stock up on needed supplies today (Feb. 25) in preparation for staying indoors on Tuesday, Feb 26, unless it is absolutely necessary to go out.
In addition, residents are asked to:
• Remove vehicles from streets before the start of the winter event to prevent a delay and to improve the snow removal process. Snow plow operators cannot pick up the blade in front of driveways or comeback to plow a street once vehicles are moved from streets.
• Remove trash cans from the street after pick-up has occurred. DO NOT place trash bags and cans beyond the curb line.
• Do not allow children to play in snow piles along the street. Snow plow operators cannot see children on, or inside of a tunneled snow pile.
• Ensure snow is not blocking furnace exhaust vents on the roof or the side of the house.
• Remove snow from around fire hydrants near your property.
Snow removal crews started pre-treating roads this morning (Feb. 25), and will begin plowing all roads (primary, secondary and residential) as soon as measurable snowfall arrives. During the storm, priority is given to keeping a passable lane on all primary routes. Once the snow has stopped, crews will work toward having two cleared lanes on all streets within 48 hours.
You may call the Snow Desk at (816) 969-1870. Normal business hours are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. During winter storm events, the Snow Desk operates 24 hours a day.
For more information about the City’s snow removal program, visit www.lspw.net or stay-up-to-date on Nixle, Facebook and Twitter.
| LSW Volleyball team are District Champs |