Lee’s Summit Parks & Recreation’s 2018 Legacy Blast is this July 3, from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Legacy Park.
Event-goers will enjoy a fun-filled evening with concessions, free face-painting, balloon artists, and bounce houses for kids 12 and under. Fireworks are scheduled to start around 9:30 p.m.
In the event of bad weather, the Legacy Blast will be moved to Thursday, July 5.
10 Expert Tips to make your Legacy Blast experience a great one!
1) Get your exercise in early, the trail and community center will close early.
2) Come early and let the kids play while avoiding the lines and traffic.
3) Please carpool, saving parking spaces is prohibited.
4) For the best view of the show, move blankets and chairs into the grassy areas and face south.
5) Bring a radio and tune into 94.9 KCMO for patriotic music.
6) Pack a picnic or bring money for concessions.
7) Save your battery and turn off your headlights.
8) Recycle bins and trash cans are available, please help us keep the park clean!
9) Leave your grills, fireworks, alcohol and drones at home, rules are in place for your safety!
10) Please drive safe, you can expect a 20 delay when leaving.
Legacy Park is located at 901 NE Bluestem Dr, Lees Summit, Missouri 64086 or view this map.