Email sent to parents 5:17 a.m. 1/27/21
Dear LSR7 Parents and Guardians:
Due to inclement weather, district officials have determined that our in-person students will not report to buildings today, Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021.
However, all students will have class today via virtual instruction and engage in learning from home through Chromebooks and Schoology, just as we have throughout the year.
- Every teacher will use the Schoology platform to share lessons, assignments and resources with students.
- Teachers will post assignments and learning opportunities each day by 9 a.m. Teachers will hold daily office hours to guide and assist students. Teachers will communicate with students via email, Google Meets and Schoology Messaging.
- Students are expected to access and complete assignments, meet deadlines, engage in the work and communicate with their teachers, peers or parents if they are needing assistance.
- Work must be completed in order for student attendance for the day(s) to be counted.
- While some critical staff will continue reporting to school sites, please assume that most employees will be working remotely and are best reached via email.
- The student antigen testing clinic is closed, and appointments must be rescheduled.
Please recall that state law now allows schools to create alternative methods of instruction (AMI) plans — i.e. virtual learning — for up to five days in which unanticipated events, such as inclement weather, prompt school cancellations.
This is the first “AMI Day” the district has used for the 2020-21 school year. The last day of school is still May 26, 2021.
Executive Director of Public Relations