Library and Lee’s Summit Chamber Present Half-Day Workshop for Entrepreneurs
Lee’s Summit, MO – Mid-Continent Public Library’s Square One Small Business Services will host a Small Business Bootcamp on Friday, November 30, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Missouri Innovation Campus [1101 NW Innovation Parkway, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086]. The half-day seminar will include talks on business growth, funding, and using social media, as well as networking opportunities with local resource organizations that help small businesses.
“This Bootcamp will be a great opportunity for local entrepreneurs to not only learn how to take their venture to the next level, but also to network with other businesses and resource organizations who can help in that journey,” said Amy Fisher, who leads the Square One team at MCPL.
At 9:00 a.m., attendees will hear from featured keynote speaker Eze Redwood, founder of Rise Fast and KC Innovation Strategist, who will talk about his experience and share his long-term vision for Kansas City’s entrepreneurial community. Following the keynote, attendees will have the opportunity to sit in on a variety of breakout sessions, including:
- Difficult Conversations in the Workplace – Kyle Danner of Kyle Danner, Solutions for Family Businesses & Their Advisors
- Facebook Changed the Rules – Hanna Taylor, Business Specialist at Square One Small Business Services
- Building Sales Lead Lists – Kelly Head, Business Information Librarian at Square One Small Business Services
- Cyber Security – Burton Kelso, Chief Tech Expert at Integral
- eCommerce for Beginners: Logistics, Looks, and Platform – Kimberly Beer, President of Midnight Productions
- Nothing but Time: How to Start a Business with Little Cash and Lots of Determination – Kyle Smith, Founder of Determination, Incorporated
Doors will open at 8:30 a.m. for networking, and the keynote will begin at 9:00 a.m. Complimentary coffee and a networking lunch will be provided. The Small Business Bootcamp is presented in partnership with the Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce. The program is funded by a grant from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Learn more and register at mymcpl.org/SquareOne.
Mid-Continent Public Library is the largest library system in the Kansas City metropolitan area, operating 31 branches and three Library-To-Go locations and serving more than 800,000 people in Jackson, Clay, and Platte Counties. The Library strives to enrich our citizens and communities through expanding access to innovation, information, ideas, and inspiration. MCPL is a 2014 National Medal for Museum and Library Service winner. Connect with the Library on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Square One Small Business Services at Mid-Continent Public Library supports local entrepreneurs through access to information, programs, and opportunities during regular library business hours. Small business specialists are available to meet with business owners by appointment. For more information about Square One Small Business Services, contact a business specialist at email@example.com or visit mymcpl.org/SquareOne.