Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation (LSPR) is pleased to announce its Rockin’ Summer Lineup at the Legacy Park Amphitheater (LPA) for its upcoming season. The lineup will artists who have played in local, national, and international venues; free movie events, concerts, and more from May through October.
The season kickoff will begin with the annual “Celebration of the Arts” Friday, May 18 at 6:30 p.m. This community-wide, free event is a chance to spotlight many of the talented cultural arts group who call Lee’s Summit home. A local dance studio, theatre group, kids rock band, acapella group, and the Lee’s Summit R-7 orchestra will perform. The night will end with the LS R-7 orchestra performing, as a ten-minute firework show lights up the sky.
Calendar of Events for Outdoor Concerts
• June 15 at 7 p.m. – The Papas and The Mamas will recreate a loving tribute to the original 1960s rock band in a Flashback to Folk concert. Free admission.
• June 30 at 7 p.m. – The Landsharks: Beach Boys Tribute Band will perform its fun and interactive concert full of great Beach Boy harmonies, along with great musicianship and showmanship. Advance tickets are $10.
• July 20 at 6:30 p.m. – Jamaican Jam is a free concert that features the bands AZ One and Jah Lion. Their melodic sounds of reggae and Caribbean charm will fill the air. Free admission.
• July 26 at 2 p.m. – Rock The Library/AMP with Mr. Stinky Feet Join Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove for a high-energy, interactive concert that’s guaranteed to rock the Library and the Amp! Come prepared to sing, dance and have a rockin’ good time!
• July 28 at 7 p.m. – Illusionist Andy Gross is a world-renown stand-up comedian, magician and ventriloquist who has been featured on The Ellen Show and many other national TV programs. Advance tickets are $12.
• August 3 at 6:30 p.m. – Blues Fest will feature the bands Scotch Hollow, Knock Kneed Sally and the Heather Newman Band. Enjoy a great evening of soulful blues music and free admission.
• August 10 at 7 p.m. – Petty Theft and Journeyman are premiere tribute bands to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Eric Clapton. Both bands are a favorite amongst fans, and the show will cover a large demographic enjoyed by all generations. Advance tickets are $10.
• September 15 at 7 p.m. – The Legacy of Legends Concert – Shooter Jennings with Ben Haggard, is the premiere concert of the summer, and features Waylon Jennings’ son, Shooter, and Merle Haggard’s eldest son, Ben, who are no stranger to any concert stage. Advance tickets are $15
Tickets for all events can be purchased online at RockTheAmp.net or in person at Legacy Park Amphitheater the day of the event.
Calendar of Events for Outdoor Theatre (all outdoor theatre events are free for attendees)
• May 18 at 6:30 p.m. – Celebration of the Arts
• June 5 at 10 a.m. – Aladdin and The Magic Lamp (children’s theatre production)
• June 14 at 2 p.m. – Exotics R Us (kid’s culture arts event)
• July 16 at 6:30 p.m. – The Spoon Man (kid’s culture arts event)
Additionally, LSPR will host free Movies in the Park at LPA on July 6 at 8:30 p.m. (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang), and August 17 at 8:30 p.m. (We Bought a Zoo). Bring the entire family to the amphitheater to watch a movie under the stars. Bring a blanket or lawn chair to sit on.
Concessions available for purchase, additional food and beverage vendors on site for selected events. No pets or outside food and beverage allowed. For a full list of rules visit www.rocktheamp.net.
Legacy Park Amphitheater is located just south of the Legacy Park Community Center (897 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086). For additional information, a list of upcoming events, or information about renting the facility, visit rocktheamp.net.