Each year, the Lee’s Summit Chamber celebrates local business excellence through the Truly the Best Business of the Year awards. The award is given to a business that exemplifies good business practices, strong employee relations, contributions to the community and prudent management strategies.
The Chamber is recognizing four businesses in separate award categories:
Nonprofit (20 or less full-time employees)
Five or less full-time equivalent employees
Six to 20 full-time equivalent employees
More than 20 full-time equivalent employees
Criteria for the awards include:
• Lee’s Summit Chamber member in good standing
• Service to the community and to the Chamber
• In business a minimum of three years
• A commitment to good business practice
• Prudent business management strategies
• A history of good employee relations
Nominations must be returned to the Chamber office by January 25. The nomination form is available on the chamber’s website at lschamber.com/membership/business-of-the-year-awards/. Nominated companies will be notified following the deadline. Previous Business of the Year winners from the past five years are not eligible. For more information, contact Blake Fry at 816.524.2424.