July 2, 2019
By Collin McCage
Lee’s Summit Parks & Recreation’s 2019 Legacy Blast will be held on Wednesday, July 3, from 6:00 p.m. to around 10:00 p.m. at Legacy Park.
Event-goers will enjoy a fun-filled evening with concessions, free face-painting, balloon artists, and inflatables for kids 12 and under. Fireworks are scheduled to start around 9:30 p.m.
In the event of bad weather, the Legacy Blast will be moved to Friday, July 5.
10 Tips For a Successful Legacy Blast
1. Get your exercise in early as Legacy Loop trails will be closed at 6:00 p.m.
2. Come early to let the kids play while avoiding the traffic. Access to Legacy Park will be closed once the parking lots are full.
3. Please carpool as saving parking spaces for family and friends is prohibited.
4. For the best view, move to the grassy areas (face south).
5. Bring a radio and tune in to 94.9 KCMO for patriotic music.
6. Pack a picnic dinner or bring cash for concessions.
7. Save your battery and turn your headlights off.
8. Recycle bins and trash barrels are available at each venue for your convenience. Help us keep Legacy Park clean.
9. Leave your grills, fireworks, alcohol and drones at home; remember rules are in place for your safety.
10. Please drive safe and expect a 20 minute delay when leaving.
Legacy Park is located at 901 NE Bluestem Dr, Lees Summit, Missouri 64086.