July 20, 2019
The City of Lee’s Summit is helping low- and moderate-income residents repair their homes. The City is accepting applications now through Aug. 30 for its Minor Home Repair Program, which awards up to $10,000 to qualified residents for certain home repairs and up to $3,000 for private sanitary sewer improvements.
The City has reserved $99,000 in funding through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant. Eligible repairs are limited to the exterior of the home and include windows, doors, roof, paint, guttering, flashing, exterior foundation walls, porches and steps.
Other requirements for eligibility include:
- The homes must be owner-occupied, detached single-family structures.
- The homes must reside within the corporate city limits of Lee’s Summit.
- The total household adjusted gross income is below 80 percent of the area median family income.
- The homeowner must contribute a share of the repair costs of no less than $20 and no more than $500.
- A three-year lien will be placed on the property by the City.
The City will prioritize eligible requests based on household income and needed repairs. To learn more about the Minor Home Repair Program and access application information, visit http://bit.ly/MinorHomeRepair. For questions, call 969-1200 or email Jessica.Asher@cityofLS.net.