May 16, 2020
I’ve been a part of the Lee’s Summit community for over 20 years with both of my sons attending and graduating from LSR7 schools. I’ve loved working with our students, other parents, our teachers, support staff, administrators and our community in many different volunteer roles – always with the goal of what best serves our kids and their education. As a candidate – I do not have any conflicts that would impact my board service.
In my professional life – I’m in IT Program Management implementing large scale technology programs and projects. I can plan broadly at the strategic level as well as roll up my sleeves and get into the details with teams to make decisions, resolve barriers and get things moving to success. My experience includes budget management and vendor and contract management. I also focus on the changes’ projects bring to people and how to help everyone impacted move through the changes necessary for success.
Even prior to the pandemic – we were in a time change and growth for our district. Now more than ever sound, trusted, transparent leadership is going to be critical to our students, this district and this community.
I’m so proud of what our district administration, teachers, parents and students have accomplished – working so hard around barriers to make learning a priority in every day!
My priorities and reasons for running for the Board are simple:
• Ensure we do what we promise – Accountability – We must earn the trust of our community by keeping our commitments
• Strategic Planning – Actively planning for future growth and evolving educational opportunities
• Transparency – Creation of a comprehensive and actionable communication strategy and encouraging community engagement at all levels
• Partner through Change – Leading change – and engaging change agents at all levels
Why should you vote for me?
• I care passionately about our kids and their education
• I listen and I do my homework! I respect and value differing viewpoints and strengths in others as I gather information, evaluate options and make decisions always with an eye to the shared mission of improving the education for our students
• I’m a collaborator – I know with common goals we can work through barriers to get to our goal
• I’m not afraid to ask tough questions for clarification or to spur discussion and debate – sometimes this is necessary to accelerate us to our shared goals
• I work hard to think about how change impacts people and how we help engage people to become part of the change and see the “why” behind it
I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work for you and our LSR7 kids!
For additional information about me – please see kathy4lsr7kids.com