January 30, 2021
Winterfest 2021 will be on Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021. The event will begin with an online Cocktail Hour Wine Tasting from 6 to 7 p.m.. Area wine experts will share their knowledge with Winterfest guests during this online tasting. Wine packages cost $60 and include three of six featured wines. Guests make their selections during the registration process. Wine package distribution will take place the week prior to the event. The Cocktail Hour also will include tips on cooking with wine and how to pair wines with meals.
The special feature for Winterfest 2021 is a Virtual Variety Show from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. featuring the top three contestants in five talent categories. Contestants will submit their video performances (up to two minutes) prior to the evening, and Coldwater will choose the top 3 in each category to showcase the night of Winterfest. Virtual guests will enjoy the show at home or with friends while 80 guests will attend live at the Hilton Garden Inn in Independence. Virtual guests will be able to vote for their favorite performances on their phones while the premier judges at the hotel will make their selections live.
When registering for the event this year, guests will have the choice of
1) registering individually and viewing the event from their own home – $40 per guest
2) registering with a host, which may or may not involve a small gathering – $40 per guest
3) attending the event live at Hilton Garden Inn in Independence for a premier donation of $140 per guest
VIRTUAL GUESTS Those who register with a host or choose to be a host themselves can either enjoy the evening at a small virtual Winterfest gathering or virtually on their own, depending on the COVID-19 situation closer to the event. The hosts who raise the most funds for Coldwater through their guest registrations by February 20 will win party packages. All virtual guests are entered in a raffle for a $300 Amazon gift card.
COCKTAIL HOUR Those who register as virtual guests can choose to participate in the Cocktail Hour Wine Tasting from 6:00-7:00 pm before the Virtual Variety Show. The Wine Package is $60 and includes the guest’s 3 wine choices from the 6 selections that will be featured that evening during the virtual wine tasting.
LIVE GUESTS The first 80 guests to register to attend Winterfest live at the Hilton Garden Inn in Independence for a premier donation of $140 per guest will receive the full Variety Show experience. Their registration will include:
1) The Cocktail Hour Wine Tasting
2) Dinner from Hereford House
3) Special Winterfest 2021 party favors
4) The honor of serving as a premier judge for the Variety Show competition. Each premier judge’s vote will equal the value of five votes from virtual guests.
RAFFLE TICKETS When registering, all guests will have a chance to purchase $50 raffle tickets or three for $100 for 10 prizes to be drawn the night of the event. All winners will be contacted by email or phone the Monday after the event. Raffle tickets also can be purchased on the Coldwater website or Facebook page.
HOW TO CONNECT After registering, all guests will receive links and directions for online bidding for the auction and for choosing their favorite performers in the Variety Show. Select auction items will go live the week before the event.
HEAR THEIR STORIES Throughout the evening of Winterfest, guests will hear the stories of Coldwater volunteers and donors, as well as how those in need have been touched by the services of Coldwater.
VARIETY SHOW CONTEST GUIDELINES & RULES
Here’s how you can compete in the Variety Show contest:
- Choose a category for your performance:
• Inspirational • Creative • Artistic • Bizarre • Humorous
- Prepare a two minute or less video of your performance using your phone. When making your video, turn the phone sideways (16×9) and choose the 1080p HD, 30 frames per second settings.
- Email your video to ColdwaterVarietyShow@gmaiLcom by Feb. 5, 2021. Include your name, phone number, and the category in which you choose to compete.
- Coldwater reserves the right to exclude any video from the contest that we consider inappropriate or offensive.
- Coldwater will notify the top three finalists in each category in early February.
- Guests will select the winners the evening of the event, February 27, 2021, and distribute prizes the week following the event. The winner in each category receives a $50 cash prize.