October 8, 2022
Teen Brain Development is the second in a monthly series of Community Conversations sponsored by Lee’s Summit CARES.
The goal for Community Conversations is to provide information and resources around a topic affecting the community.
The Teen Brain Development Community Conversation will be held Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Mid-Continent Public Library located at 1000 NE Colbern Road in Lee’s Summit.
The speaker is Roxanne Evans, owner and center direction of the Brain Balance Achievement Center in Lee’s Summit.
Topics of discussion will be:
• What is “normal” anyway? What are the red flags parents can be looking for?
• How can we look forward to build maturity and responsibility in teens?
• What is an integrated brain and why is it important for individuality and independence?
• What is the next step when proactive alone is not enough to build these skills?
• When is it time to ask for help?
Reserve your seat by emailing eperilla@ReDiscoverMH.org by Tuesday, Oct. 11.