May 13, 2023
Looking for a new way to celebrate Mom on her special day? Build her a beautiful and bite-worthy brunch board! Every good board has a mix of protein, fruits, veggies and plenty of fun foods thrown in. Make Mom smile and give her a welcome break by building a bright and delicious brunch board that’s personalized and filled with some of her favorite sweet and savory delights. For an added touch, gift Mom items that make it easy to express how you feel such as a Hallmark card, Hy-Vee floral arrangement, or a heartfelt coffee mug!
For a health boost, consider adding these dietitian-approved favorites for Mom to your brunch board!
• Chosen Foods avocado oil. This neutral-flavored and versatile oil is a kitchen workhorse that can be used for baking, marinades and more! Plus, with a high smoke point of 500°F, Mom can sauté, bake or broil without worry. Use for all cooking projects, especially the delightful Whipped Lemon-Feta Dip (below).
• Edamame. These tasty nutritional gems provide notable protein, fiber and a touch of smart fat to help Mom be a multitasking machine all day long.
• Good Measure snack bars. A satisfyingly sweet treat with little impact on blood sugar. These bars are made with 5 or fewer grams of net carbs which are scientifically proven to have little impact on blood sugar.
For more tips to keep you and your family healthy, follow us on Facebook or Instagram @HyVeeDietitians.
Dietitian-Inspired Brunch Board
All You Need:
Fairlife ultra-filtered strawberry yogurt
Whipped Lemon-Feta Dip (*see recipe below)
Gustare Vita extra virgin olive oil crostini
Cucumber slices, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes
Good Measure creamy almond butter and blueberry bars, halved or quartered
Other fun extras (optional):
Hy-Vee Floral flower arrangement
All you do:
- Cut and prep cold sides like fruits and vegetables. Place Fairlife ultra-filtered yogurt and mixed berries in small bowls.
- Make Whipped Lemon-Feta Dip. Beat an 8-oz container of Hy-Vee whipped cream cheese and 4-oz container of Soiree traditional crumbled feta cheese in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high until combined. Add 3 tablespoons of Chosen Foods avocado oil, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic; beat 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Spread evenly in a serving bowl. Garnish with additional avocado oil, crushed red pepper and fresh dill, if desired.
- Assemble the board, starting with the two small bowls, Whipped Lemon-Feta Dip and crostini, salty items (like prosciutto, olives and/or pistachios), edamame and finally the mixed veggie dippers (ie: cucumber slices, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes) and Good Measure bars.
Take it one-step further and make meal planning simple for Mom with Healthy Habits! Our dietitian-created menu program, Healthy Habits, includes a 7-day meal plan including three meals and two to three snacks daily. The portions are aligned to fit your caloric needs and our program takes away the question of “What’s for dinner tonight?” This menu plan comes complete with a grocery shopping list and easy-to-follow recipes each week. Along the way, you will receive one-on-one support from a Hy-Vee registered dietitian. For more information or to register visit: https://www.hy-vee.com/health/hy-vee-dietitians/default.aspx. The information is not intended as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.