February 3, 2024
For the second year in a row, LSR7 is once again looking for at least 100 people to attend 100 People Who Care, a giving event celebrating the work of local nonprofits and highlighting our community’s generosity. It’s on Tuesday, Feb. 20 at 7 pm at East Trails Middle School.
At 100 People Who Care, every attendee has the opportunity to:
• Write a check for $100
• Hear pitches from randomly selected nonprofits
• Vote on the pitch with the biggest impact
Interested in attending as a donor? Fill out the interest form and mark your calendars for Tuesday, Feb. 20.
At the event:
• Local nonprofits who serve the Lee’s Summit community are invited to register and attend 100 People Who Care.
• Community members are invited to attend ready to donate $100 to a non-profit.
Each nonprofit in attendance is entered into a drawing.
• Four nonprofits are selected at random to give presentations or pitches to the audience of donors about the great work their non-profit is doing.
• Presenters may engage the audience however they’d like to demonstrate their local impact as long as they follow two rules: No technology (no slides, video etc.). No longer than 10 minutes.
An audience vote determines which organization among the four presenters goes home with up to $10K. (Total donation amount depends on attendance.) The presentation with the most votes receives all donations.