The Missouri Department of Transportation will be closing the south portion of the intersection at US 50 and Route 150 (Bynum Road) in Lone Jack beginning on Friday, Aug. 3, until approximately Wednesday, Aug. 22. This work is for intersection replacement. All work is weather permitting.
• The north portion of the intersection will remain open. Traffic will be able to travel north on Route 150 (Bynum Road) from the off ramp and use the exit on ramp to westbound US 50.
• Traffic will not be able to go south if they are exiting from westbound US 50.
• The south portion of the intersection from will be closed. There will not be access from north of the interchange to the south side and the eastbound on and off ramp from Route 150 (Bynum Road) will be closed.
• This work will not affect businesses and church access but the public will need to use the posted detour to get to the south part of Route 150 for access.
• The suggested northern detour is Route 150 to Route 7, and back onto US 50. To go south, the suggested detour is US 50 to Route 7, and the cutting over to Route 150.
Please remember that all work zones are NO PHONE zones. Buckle up. Phone down. Arrive Alive.
Motorists are reminded to slow down and pay attention while driving in work zones. Not all work zones look alike. Work zones can be moving operations, such as striping, patching or mowing. They can also be short term, temporary lane closures to make quick repairs or remove debris from the roadway.
For more information about MoDOT news, projects or events, please visit our website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter, or share posts and comments on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOT.KansasCity. MoDOT Kansas City maintains more than 7,000 miles of state roadway in nine counties. Sign up online for work zone updates or call 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).